21 June 2011

Malory


Immigrants! That's how they do, you know. Just drive around listening to raps and shooting all the jobs.

-M

Zzafrika (Gesaffelstein Remix) - ZZT (GOLDEN BANANA)
A candidate for most exciting Techno producer right now, probably just behind Simian Mobile Disco.  Every track blows me away, especially this one.


Toot it Up (Feat Nick Thayer & Gotti Boi Chris - Nick Thayer Remix) - DJ Yoda (Silver Banana)
Definitely one of the top Moombahton tracks out in my opinion.

Too Many Dicks (OVERWERK Remix) - Flight of the Conchords
Super fun Electro House remix of fucking Flight of the Conchords.  Yup.

Spock's DeeeLite - Sabo
Moombahton that samples Drop It Likes It's Hot.  I heard Sabo drop this live, and it fucking KILLED.

Con Artist - Gridlock and Skitty
Crazy ass Drum & Bass.  DnB has got to be the most underrated genre in the blog scene.  Does anyone know of any great DnB blogs?

Diversao Tropical (Da Fresh Remix) - Tony Marquez & Aurel Devil
Tech House on the Tribal side, I know that some of you are all about this.

Freedom (Skreamix) - Rage Against The Machine
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

We Will Rock You (Original Mix) - NDKj and Luigi Rocca
House on the Deep side.  Pretty Minimal, but it has that House thing that is the essence of dancing.

Ese Papi (Original Mix) - J-Trick
Moar Moombahton.  This one is Dutchy.

Keep Your Hands Up (Anthem Dub Mix) - Dave Darrel
Not as unique or exciting as his other tracks, but still fantastic production.  Progressive House.


Furthermore, Moombahton has been a very controversial subject among EDM blogs.  Seeing as this is a blog that tends to post pretty much every genre except for Trance, I'm curious to hear what you lovely readers have to say about it.  Do you like it, is it garbage, is it genius or amateur?  Will it blow up like Dubstep and Dutch House before it?  I'm gonna keep posting it because I've become a huge fan despite initially hating it, but I'm very curious to hear your opinions.  Also, check out Chemical Jump's post on the matter and the massive argument that ensued in the comments.  Or, you can just let me know that I'm trying to get too deep and that I should shut up by doing nothing at all.

3 comments:

  1. I would love more DnB but imo the most highly underrated DnB artist is Noisia, there only breaking through now they are doing dubstep remixes

    ReplyDelete
  2. moombahton doesn't really do it for me but i guess a lot of homies feel it. MOAR GESAFFELSTEIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward
    to new posts.

    Feel free to visit my site ... f2 game

    ReplyDelete