11 August 2010

Hard Summer Review



So Hard Summer ended up being awesome. You had like all those raver kids, some of those sketchy ass peeps, and those normal people who just look like they don't know what they got themselves into. All in all the whole atmosphere was less threatening and I really did like the venue + it was less crowded so I could get my groove on. Oh and there was better food? Is that a plus.

But yo it was tight cause everythin went well and it didn't get shut down like last year. Bitches everywhere just goin crazy (both girl and boy) and it was just like people enjoyin the music. There was some fun shit, nothin bad so here are just some o the best.

Good Job Hard you made one of the better events i've been to in a long while.

-J


1. Soulwax

I mean there's been a bunch of hype around these dudes playin and i've just been waitin to see em and boy did they bring it. Just watchin em you get pumped then you listen to their shit and oyu just get ...more pumped. I don't even know what they was doin but they just kept it clean and they kept it dirtay at the same time. WHo does that? THese guys. Go see them, youse understands why.

My favorite:

Lovelight (Soulwax remix) by Robbie WIlliams

2. Erol Alkan,

What the fuck else does he really do? He's got some good shit I guess but like he's not up there for "producer of the year" but he's a damn fine dj, playin shit that we all liked and just keepin it real. Definitely worth seeing. I like it, you like it, he likes it, she likes it, we like it, you all like it, they like it.


Lemonade (original Mix) by Boys Noize and Erol Alkan

3. Breakbot,



This dude is a sick ass dj, just get one of his mixes. I mean just incredible. I would love to see him again, I wish he had played later, he was killin it with such an early time slot, I can't even imagine what would have happened if he had been later. SHit would have gone crazy.


Aerius Light (Breakbot Remix) by Data


4. Flying Lotus

I mean he's both a sick ass person and sick ass dj. LA REPRESENT. Love this dude, plus he kills it every time. Los Angeles Legend, the one and only fly lo. Everything he does turns to gold. Don't miss this dude.


Rubber (Flying Lotus 'unprotected sex' remix) by Mr. Oizo and Gaspard Augé

2 comments: