03 December 2009

Fuckin Champs


Hey Champ has impressed me immensely this year, pumping out stellar remix after remix. I just did a bit of digging and doubled my collection of theirs this morning for the post. They're from Chicago, so anyone in that area should go try to see them live. Until then, I'll wait for some luck, and hopefully I'll get a chance too. Their sound is a combination of Electro, Pop, and House, aka they've got some Fred Falke-y sounding tunes as well as some bangers. Enjoy:

-M

What You Need (Hey Champ Remix) - Priors (GOLDEN BANANA)
WOW. Fucking Beautiful. One of the best remixes of 2009 for sure. Great French House sound to this one, god I love it. We haven't talked about Priors on here before, but it's the combo of Raw Man (from The Buffalo Bunch) and Yann Destal (from Modjo), so yeah.

Sunrise (Hey Champ Remix) - Yeasayer
I'm really partial to Yeasayer at the moment, so this one had to make it up here, not that it doesn't deserve to be, this remix is really awesome.

Early Sensation - Hey Champ
Filter House, live it, love it.

Beaches and Friends (Hey Champ Remix) - French Horn Rebellion
Very Synth Poppy, The Twelves remixed the same song and that should give you a hint as to what it's like.

Hey Champ Collection
By Track // Zipped

No comments:

Post a Comment