10 May 2009

Holy Fuck It's Chuckie!


Chuckie is a horrible name for a DJ in my opinion, as it only conjurs up images of a murderous doll or a Rugrat, both of which don't make me feel like dancing or whatever, but you should definitely check out these ravey/tribal tracks. Don't know much about this Chuckie except that he's from the Netherlands, but the tracks along with the remixers show that this guy's got some serious cred.

Let The Bass Kick - Chuckie
Minimal and ravey. It's one of those house tracks with a really subby bass and a super high pitched hook. Actually, most of the songs in the post are that way.

Let The Bass Kick (Joachim Garraud Remix) - Chuckie
The most electro of this bunch. Joachim Garraud reminds us that France still makes music.

Moombah (Original Mix) - Silvio Ecomo & DJ Chuckie *RIP
Unfortunately only version I could find of the original, but gives you perspective to see where these awesome remixes came from.

Moombah (Sidney Samson Mix) - Chuckie
I'm a big fan of Sidney Samson and his few tracks, this one fits right in with the others. HUGE bass. Swehouse definitely describes it best: "You've gotta have a good soundsystem to really hear what it sounds like, it's huge! MOOOOMBAH!"

Moombah (Hardwell & Rehab Remix) - Chuckie
Very minimal, would fit in with a Dubfire-esque set.

Moombah (Afrojack Remix) - Chuckie

Afrojack back again with his heavy, drum/percussion-focused style.

And I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I'm gonna call the sample used. Not hard to hear it, really, or at ALL, you'll catch it immediately. It might just be the same synth, but they're way too similar I feel. Check out this track from 2001(?), one of the songs that got me into electronic music originally in the summer of 2007.

Blow The Speakers - Louie Devito
What genre is this song? Techno? Trance? My guess is techno, but I really have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment