05 April 2009

They just make me go Dada


To get the March Mix go see the people at: Dicobelle

I don't know much about Dada Life except that the first encounter that I had with them was seeing that they had a remix spot on the Break the House Down EP by Laidback Luke. I don't like the remix, but I'm sure there are plenty out there who do:

Break the House Down (Dada Life remix) by Laidback Luke (REMOVED)

That remix really made me weary of getting any other Dada life when I saw their stuff pop up on blogs. It wasn't until last week when I got this sort of mix some blog put up called Fat Elektro where there were two Dada Life songs (Cash in Drop out, and Your Favorite Flu posted down below) and the Laidback Luke remix of the Great Fashionista Swindle (I posted this in the previous post about Laidback Luke, it's great). Since then I got a bunch more stuff as the song Happy Hands and Happy feet has been popping up everywhere. I decided to go on a collecting rampage.

All I really know about Dada Life is that they are a Swedish duo consisting of Olle Corneer and Stefan Engblom. They categorize themselves as house, but I think they're sort of a mix of house and electro, interesting stuff. You hear these housey chords every once in a while with a ravey sound line over a very electro bass. However, definitely true that some of their stuff is just pure house, thank god for house.

If we or anybody else ever wanted to remix any of their stuff they put remix packages: Here

The newest song which has been getting a lot of attention from blogs is:

Happy Hands & happy Feet by Dada Life Definitely worth getting, it's great.

Here's a bunch of Dada Life's stuff with a bunch of their Guerilla farts. Basically all good, and most are great:

Cash in Drop Out by Dada Life Great, but there are just some sections which are incredible. The buildup with the singing is really cool.

Your Favorite Flu by Dada Life
Might be my favorite.

Smile you're on Dada (Extended Version) by Dada Life The arpegiation in this is cool

Rubber Band Boogie (Original Mix) by Dada Life I could keep saying great all this post.

This machine Kills Breakfast by Dada Life

Guerilla Farts, these are a lot more ravey:

Pjanoo (Dada Life Guerilla Fart #7) by Eric Prydz An interesting remix

I Will Rock you (Dada Life Guerilla Fart #9) by Domino
I think their most ravey, but what's better then that?

Dance, Dance, Dance (Dada Life's Guerrilla Fart #4) by Lykke Li

Set in Stone (Dada Life Remix) by Fires of Rome

Bread and Butter (Dada Life Remix) by A 2 Z(Acquaviva & Zenker)

Doctorin the Tardis (Dada Life Guerilla Fart #8) by The Timelord/KLF


Lava Lava (Dada Life Guerilla Fart #6) by Boys Noize
My Least Favorite, but it's not that bad

Call Me (Dada Life remix) by Shark & Sylvain

I'm still searching for more, as there is more, and I will post it if I find it. Look for the words EDIT. My goal is to find the original The Great Fashionista Swindle

No comments:

Post a Comment